Team Urban Providore
The job opportunities currently available at Urban Providore
PROVIDORE RETAIL MANAGER
(Part Time Casual Award)
Urban Providore Australia is a fast growing Australian Fine Food business. We assist small Australian Fine Food producers reach new markets. We wholesale a curated range of Australian Artisan Fine Food throughout the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and New South Wales (NSW) regions. Our retail Providore has been established for over 5 years in Fyshwick, ACT. It is stocked to bursting with Australian Artisan crafted delicious Fine Foods & gear to inspire a Providore Lifestyle. Our online store reaches customers across the globe selling our full range of Australian Fine Food including a line of Fine Food Hampers that are sent across Australia and perishable Fine Food Hampers delivered throughout the ACT. Our Corporate Fine Food Hampers are valued by over 200 local Australian Businesses.
Qualifications & experience
- Certificate IV in Retail Management or equivalent tertiary qualifications.
- We require at least 5 years experience as a Retail Manager.
- We value life experience and candidates that can demonstrate years of Shopping and enjoying boutique Fine Food stores across the world will be highly rated.
- We expect you will have a love of all things Food and be passionate about the success of small Australian Artisan Fine Food producers.
- You will demonstrate what great customer service is and you know what poor service looks like.
- You will have experience creating visual merchandise stories.
- You will demonstrate strong business and commercial acumen.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Desirable: Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
Tasks & responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of our retail store, online & wholesale operations.
- Manage food inventory, stock rotation, stock ordering, holiday ordering including Christmas.
- Manage the financial reporting responsibilities of the full operations.
- Manage staff training & scheduling.
- Manage business to business relationships.
- Solid E-Commerce skills for Website Management and Social Media.
- Bring your creative skills in developing and producing Fine Food hampers.
- Lead and drive the team to achieve sales goals.
- Be inspired to bring new ideas for our business.
- We are a female lead business and you will work directly with the owner, contributing significantly to the decisions that will determine the growth of our operations over the next five years.
- We are proudly Australian owned.
- You will enjoy seeing and tasting new Fine Food products as they arrive and enjoy employee discounts on produce.
- Training will be provided.
- Shifts over Wednesday to Sunday between 9am-6pm. Some flexibility for the right applicant.